main page | historic homes | upcoming events | gift shoppe | organizations
government | local history | links of interest | town directory | contact us

 


Built by Major George C. Cossitt on the bluffs overlooking northern Mississippi in 1835, the Castle (shown at left) later became the home of Fred Cossitt, the Major's nephew.

Fred Cossitt later moved to Memphis and gave the city the library (shown below) which still bears his name. This view is of the back of the house.

( Photos of Cossitt Castle and Cossitt Library are courtesy of Collection of Allen H. Cogbill. )

main page | historic homes | upcoming events | gift shoppe | organizations
government | local history | links of interest | town directory | contact us

© Town of LaGrange, Tennessee 2001; all rights reserved

TOP OF PAGE