Northcross Home



This "Tennesse Plan Dogtrot" house in Greek Revival style is estimated to have been built in 1838. Owned by the McNamee family for most of that time, the home remained in its original form until 1916 when a kitchen, dining room and pantry were added to the house, replacing a separate, free-standing kitchen in back. Mr. & Mrs. James McNamee moved from this house in 1957 to "Tyrone Place" next door and began restorations there, leaving this house exactly as it was until 1977.