Pine Hill Baptist Church
The Pine Hill Baptist Church was founded in 1910 by William Elrod, who is buried in the northwest corner of the La Grange Cemetery. William Elrod was born in 1850. He was a minister and farmer near La Grange who married many in the area from 1871 until his death in 1920.
Pine Hill Baptist Church is located at Main
Street (Yager Drive). Sunday School begins at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays, with
Worship Service at 11:00 a.m.
Pictured above is the Bright Star 36 Hall, the Black Masonic Hall. Despite its appearance, it is believed that meetings continue to be held in the hall.
The information for this page, as well as the photos, are courtesy of Mr. Jimmie T. Jones, who is the great grandson of Rev. William Elrod. If anyone has more knowledge of the history of either Pine Hill Baptist Church or the Bright Star 36 Masonic Hall, he would be very interested in this information. Please e-mail information to firstname.lastname@example.org.